Not a subscriber? Click here to sign up!
In this issue:
- Get year-end tax planning letters out quickly with Tax Corresponder!
- "California 2010 10% Overwithholding DE 4 Adjuster"
- Last chance to return forms!
- Have you renewed your software, forms, and supplies?
- Technical Support Options
- Watch for the 940 update!
Get year-end tax planning letters out quickly with
One of the most valuable services you can provide for your clients—and one of the best ways to generate year-end revenue for your firm—is the year-end tax planning letter. The tax planning letter lets your clients know about recent tax law changes that may present pitfalls, as well as year-end strategies you can assist them with to avoid those pitfalls. With that in mind, each year we add timely year-end tax planning letters to CFS Tax Corresponder covering the latest tax issues.
CFS Tax Corresponder, our correspondence toolbox for tax practitioners, contains over 350 indispensable letters on such topics as IRAs, tax planning strategies, estate planning, IRS elections, response letters to IRS notices, and more. The letters are customizable and can be mail-merged with your client database.
To ensure that you get your tax planning letters out on time, we will be releasing CFS Tax Corresponder 2010 this month. If you don't own CFS Tax Corresponder, now is the perfect time to buy it. Order Tax Corresponder now, and get both the 2009 and 2010 versions for just $49!
"California 2010 10% Overwithholding DE 4 Adjuster"
As we mentioned in last month's e-news, due to recent changes in federal and state tax law it might be a good idea for your clients to adjust their withholding, and CFS W4 Calculator is the perfect tool for the job.
Of particular interest to California residents is the fact that the state has adjusted its withholding tables to "borrow" an additional ten percent from California taxpayers. With that in mind, we have developed the "California 2010 10% Overwithholding DE 4 Adjuster" to enable taxpayers to make the necessary adjustments to Form DE 4 to compensate for the 10% increase. The Withholding Adjuster has been posted on our web site as a free online calculator and will also be added to TaxTools 2010. You can access the online calculator from our home page or by clicking here.
By the way— If you don't own CFS TaxTools or W4 Calculator, now is an excellent time to buy either (or both) of these useful programs. Order TaxTools now, and get both the 2009 and 2010 versions for just $189; Order W4 Calculator now, and get the 2009 and 2010 versions for just $89!
Last chance to return forms!
Our return policy states that tax forms must be returned "within 30 days of receipt, but no later than December 15th of the same tax year." If you haven't yet done so, please inspect your shipment of tax forms and other supplies. Verify that we sent you the correct items and that there is nothing you forgot to order. Also, keep in mind that items are sometimes damaged in transit. Forms and envelopes must be returned sealed and unused, and refunds will not include shipping charges.
Have you renewed your software, forms, and supplies?
If not, why not? Tax season is just around the corner—don't be caught unprepared. If you have a MyCFS account, it's easy to renew online. If you don't have a MyCFS account, click here to create one. You will need to provide a valid e-mail address and a password.
You can also use your MyCFS account to:
W2/1099 users — Have you renewed CFS W2/1099 Payroll System? And if you did renew, did you remember to enter your new license code? Your old license code will not give you access to W2/1099, even though the program may already be installed on your computer. You must enter the new license code shown on your receipt for the W2/1099 program.
And don't forget our W2/1099 E-File add-on — This year we have added e-file capability for several additional states, as well as the ability to e-file prior year returns. Click here to order.
Technical Support Options
Our toll-free number, (800) 343-1157, is only one of six ways you can get technical assistance. The others are:
- Online Chat – Click the "Chat with Technical Support" button on our home page to open a text-based chat session with a technical support representative. The service is available during normal business hours; at other times you will be given the option of e-mailing your question.
- Remote Support – During an online chat session or phone conversation, the support technician can connect to your computer via the Internet. This is done using a secure connection and only with your permission. We can fix problems directly or demonstrate use of the program on your own computer.
- Online Tech Support Request – Under the "Internet Options" menu of most of our programs, select "CFS Tech Support Request..." to fill in an online form detailing your problem. Your request will be answered by e-mail or phone within one business day. The Technical Support Request form can also be accessed from the Technical Support page of our web site.
- FAQ Page – Our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page can be accessed from the Technical Support page of our web site. It contains detailed solutions to many common technical support issues.
- Instructional Videos – The Instructional Videos page is available from the Support menu at TaxTools.com or from a link in the Help menu of most CFS programs. These brief videos can assist you with specific tasks, such as downloading software, using our Online Tax Research site, and getting the most out of CFS Payroll System.
Watch for the 940 update!
The 940 update will be released later this month. We will mail an update CD to Payroll System customers who purchased 2009 update CD service, and we will send an e-mail to let customers know when the update has been posted for download. If you have a dedicated high-speed Internet connection such as DSL or cable, you can configure Payroll System to automatically check for updates each time you run the program. Click "Configuration" on the toolbar, and check the box next to "Check for web updates when program starts."
If you are a 941/940 user, have you considered upgrading to CFS LivePayroll? LivePayroll is the easy way to process payroll, print paychecks, and file payroll returns. LivePayroll will help you:
- Print real returns and paychecks in minutes with the same intuitive,
easy-to-use interface found in other CFS programs.
- Process live payroll or enter paychecks after-the-fact with CFS 941/940 (included).
- Enter payroll data on a daily, quarterly, monthly or paycheck basis.
- Automatically calculate wages based on the employee’s annual salary or hours worked and hourly rate, federal withholding, state withholding, local withholding, Social Security, Medicare, and other payroll deductions.
- Customize income, tax, and deduction items for each employer.
- Print pay stubs, preprinted checks, or blank check stock using included MICR font (a $139 value).
- Produce payroll for an unlimited number of employers with an unlimited number of employees.
- Import QuickBooks® after-the-fact paycheck data to save data entry time.
- Use all features of CFS 941/940, included at no extra charge.
Happy Holidays from CFS!
Please contact us if you would like to discontinue this free monthly service.