Not a subscriber? Click here to sign up!
In this issue:
- 2010 Software Releases
- Payroll System: "How Do I...?"
- Find answers at TaxTools.com
- Procrastinators, take note...
- Don't forget to check your forms order!
2010 Software Releases
The following 2010 CFS programs have been released:
- 941/940 Payroll System
- Quick Reference Guide
- Small Business Tools
- Tax Corresponder
- W4 Calculator
If you purchased CD service, you were recently shipped a CD containing the above programs. If you didn't purchase CD service—or you don't wish to wait for your CD—you can install the programs immediately by downloading them from our web site:
- Go to our Download page, here. You will either need to log in to your MyCFS account or supply your Customer ID and zip code.
- Click on the "Download" link for the program you wish to download, and save the program file to your computer's hard drive, being sure to note the filename and location.
- When the download is complete, run the downloaded file, either by double-clicking on the file or by using the Windows START|RUN menu option.
- The setup program will launch automatically to guide you through the software installation process. During the installation, you will be asked for a PRODUCT LICENSE CODE. (If you don't know your license code, you can retrieve it here.)
Payroll System: "How Do I...?"
CFS Payroll System includes a new "How Do I ... ?" help topic that can be found on the main screen Help menu. "How Do I ... ?" is a handy compilation of directions for performing common tasks in the program. Examples include:
- S Corp Medical Insurance,
- Gross up an employee's check for employer paid FICA taxes,
- Hide inactive employees, and
- Create W-2s.
Payroll System users should use the "How Do I ... ?" topic as their first stop when looking for answers to frequently asked questions.
Additional help for Payroll System, as well as other programs, can be found on our Instructional Videos page, available from a link on the Help menu of all CFS programs. Instructional videos for Payroll System include such topics as year-end filing of W-2s and 1099s, e-filing of W-2s, and importing data from QuickBooks.
Find answers at TaxTools.com
This time of year, it may take a little longer than usual to get answers to your technical support or customer service questions by phone. However, you can quickly find answers to many common questions at TaxTools.com:
Instructional Videos and FAQ. As mentioned in the above article, we have created several brief Instructional Videos to help you with specific tasks. We also have a FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) section with answers to many common technical support issues.
Use MyCFS to track an order or look up your license code. Track forms, supplies, and expedited software orders by clicking Package Tracking under Quick Links, or click here. Click License Code under Quick Links or click here to look up your license code. You will need to log in to your MyCFS account, using your e-mail address and password. If you don't have an account, click on the Register button to create one.
Procrastinators, take note...
If you haven't renewed your software yet, better do so soon. This is our busiest time of year, and the busier we are, the longer it takes to process your order—which is why we encourage our customers to renew their software early. (Don't you wish you did?) Click here to renew online now!
Don't forget to check your forms order!
When you receive a shipment of tax forms or supplies, please open it immediately and check your order. Verify that we sent you the correct items and that there is nothing you forgot to order. Keep in mind that items are sometimes damaged in transit. If you received any items in error or anything is missing, please e-mail email@example.com. If you forgot to order anything, please place your order here.
Note: If you are ordering forms now, please consider requesting Next Day or 2nd Day shipping, in order to ensure that you receive your order on time.
Happy new year and tax season!
CFS Customer Service
Please contact us if you would like to discontinue this free monthly service.