Not a subscriber?
Click here to sign up!
In this issue:
- The HIRE Act
- Spring renewal notices are in the mail!
- Why not use your 20% discount to try CFS LivePayroll?
- Introduce a friend to CFS and you both save money!
The HIRE Act
Under the Hiring Incentives to Restore Employment (HIRE) Act, enacted March 18,
2010, two new tax benefits are available to employers who hire certain previously
unemployed workers ("qualified employees").
The first, referred to as the payroll tax exemption, provides employers with an
exemption from the employer's 6.2 percent share of social security tax on wages
paid to qualifying employees, effective for wages paid from March 19, 2010, through
December 31, 2010.
In addition, for each qualified employee retained for at least 52 consecutive weeks,
businesses will also be eligible for a general business tax credit, referred to
as the new hire retention credit, of 6.2 percent of wages paid to the qualified
employee over the 52 week period, up to a maximum credit of $1,000.
In order to take advantage of the exemption, employers are required to get a statement
from each eligible new hire that he or she worked fewer than a total of 40 hours
during the 60 days before beginning work. Employers can use the new Form W-11 to
meet this requirement.
Form W-11 has been added to
Small Business Tools, and
Payroll System. The HIRE Act will also require changes to
Forms 941, W-2, and W-3. They will be updated in
CFS Payroll System when the approved forms become available.
If you have one or more of the above CFS programs, make sure that you update to
the latest version(s) containing the new forms. You can update from within the programs
by selecting "Update from the Web" from the "Internet Options" menu, or you can
the updates here and manually install them.
Spring renewal notices are in the mail!
You may have already received your CFS Spring
if not, it will arrive soon. Included are:
- A renewal form for software, forms, and tax return supplies;
- A copy of our spring software catalog;
- A copy of our spring paper products catalog;
- A copy of the "CFS Software News" newsletter; and
- A business reply envelope.
Renew by May 31, 2010, to:
- Apply last years vouchers to this years order;
- Earn vouchers on this years order to apply to next years order;
- Take 20% off forms, envelopes, folders, checks, and labels; and
- Take 20% off any first-time software purchase.
Rememberyou can save time by using your MyCFS online account
to renew your CFS products. To log in to your MyCFS account and access your
click here. If you don't have a MyCFS account, it's easy to register.
Just go to TaxTools.com
and click on "Create Account" under the MyCFS menu, or click here. You will
need to provide a valid e-mail address and a password. NOTE: If you renew
online, you do not need to return the paper renewal form.
Renew early and save moneyrenew online and save time!
Why not use your 20% discount to try CFS LivePayroll?
If you renew your CFS software by May 31st, you can take 20% off any first-time
software purchase. Why not use this opportunity to try our latest product, CFS LivePayroll?
- Print returns and paychecks in minutes with the same intuitive,
easy-to-use interface found in other CFS programs.
- Process live payroll or enter paychecks after-the-fact with CFS 941/940 (included).
- Enter payroll data on a daily, quarterly, monthly or paycheck basis.
- Automatically calculate wages based on the employees annual salary or hours
worked and hourly rate, federal withholding, state withholding, local withholding,
Social Security, Medicare, and other payroll deductions.
- Customize income, tax, and deduction items for each employer.
- Print pay stubs or checks.
- Print to preprinted checks or blank check stock using included MICR font (a $139
- Produce payroll for an unlimited number of employers with an unlimited number of
- Import QuickBooks® after-the-fact paycheck data to save data entry
- Use all features of CFS 941/940, included with your purchase at no extra
Introduce a friend to CFS and you both save money!
Have you heard about our Customer Referral Program? Refer a new customer to CFS,
and that customer will receive a 20% discount on his or her first CFS order. At
the same time, you will receive a 20% discount on any single CFS program.
For details and to download a referral form, go to
TaxTools.com and select "Referral Program" from the Purchase menu, or click here.
CFS Customer Service
contact us if you would like to discontinue this free monthly service.