Not a subscriber? Click here to sign up!
In this issue:
- Summer renewal notices are on the way.
- Use your MyCFS account to renew the easy way!
- Forms are being shipped.
- CA Sales Tax Preparer Delay
- New York Interest Assessment Surcharge
Summer renewal notices are on the way.
If you have not yet renewed your CFS software, you should soon be receiving a summer renewal mailer, including renewal form, newsletter, and supplies catalog.
Renew your CFS software by August 31st to earn a $5 voucher for each program renewed, PLUS a 10% discount on any program you've never ordered before. Renew your supplies order by August 31st to take 15% off forms, envelopes, folders, checks, and labels.
Use your MyCFS account to renew the easy way!
- At www.taxtools.com, select Renewal Notice from the MyCFS menu.
- Log in to your MyCFS account, using your e-mail address and password. (If you don't have an account, click the Register button.)
- Complete the online Renewal Notice by clicking on products you wish to order (for your convenience, products that you have previously ordered are already checked).
- Click the Add checked items to cart button at the bottom of the screen.
- On the Shopping Cart screen, you will be given the opportunity to check your order and make changes.
- Click the Continue to Checkout button to advance through screens for Shipping Options, Shipping Address, Payment Information, and Confirmation of your order.
Click here to log in and renew now!
Forms are being shipped.
We will soon begin shipping 2011 red forms; you will receive an e-mail when your order has been shipped. Please confirm that we have the correct UPS address, and be ready to sign for the order when it is delivered.
Please check your order as soon as it arrives! Whenever you receive a shipment of tax forms or supplies, we urge you to open it immediately and verify that we sent you the correct items and that there is nothing you forgot to order. Keep in mind that items are sometimes damaged in transit.
Returns: forms and envelopes must be returned sealed and unused within 30 days, but no later than December 15th. Refunds do not include shipping charges.
If you have not yet ordered your red forms, blank form stock, envelopes or other supplies, now is the time to do so. You will receive a 15% discount on all supplies ordered by August 31st. Click here to order forms or tax return supplies from our online store.
CA Sales Tax Preparer Delay
Due to the recent sales tax rate change, the BOE has not yet released the information we require to program CA Sales Tax Preparer for e-filing 3rd quarter returns. An update will be available for download on August 2nd to allow paper form filing for all forms and e-filing of prepayment Form 1150 for July. We anticipate that another update will be posted for download by August 12th to allow e-filing of Form 401-A/401-EZ/401-GS for periods after 6/30/2011. Discs will be mailed to customers requesting CD updates as soon as possible after this update has been posted.
As always, users will be notified by e-mail as soon as updates are available for download. And remember—if you have a dedicated high-speed Internet connection, you can configure the program to automatically check for updates each time you run it. Click Configuration on the toolbar, and check the box next to Check for web updates when program starts.
New York Interest Assessment Surcharge
New York employers have recently begun receiving bills from the state for an "Interest Assessment Surcharge." The surcharge is being collected to pay the interest on money borrowed from the federal government to meet unemployment insurance benefits obligations. This bill is to be paid separately from any employer unemployment tax that might be due with quarterly forms. Employers will continue to be billed annually as long as the state needs to repay the interest on the loans. This is not a liability that our Payroll System software can or should track.
For more information, see the FAQ on the New York State Department of Labor site.
CFS Customer Service
Please contact us if you would like to discontinue this free monthly service.