Not a subscriber? Click here to sign up!
In this issue:
- Summer renewal incentives expire August 31st!
- Do you have a MyCFS account?
- Tips for Ordering Online
- Have you renewed W2/1099?
Summer renewal incentives expire August 31st!
Time is almost up for CFS summer renewal incentives! Renew by August 31st to receive a 20% discount on any program you've never ordered, a 15% discount on forms and supplies, and a free copy of W4 Calculator 2013!
Click here to log in to your MyCFS account and renew online.
Do you have a MyCFS account?
If so, when was the last time you used it? Itís easy to set up a new MyCFS account or update an old one. Go to TaxTools.com and click MyCFS on the green menu bar, or click here. If you donít have an account, click the Register button. If you do have an account, use your e-mail address and password to log in. If you canít remember your password, thereís a link for that.
Once you've logged in, your account information will be displayed. Make sure your Customer Info is correct, and that your account is linked to your Customer ID. You can make changes to your Customer Info by clicking Change Firm Name/Address/Email.
If you need help, call customer service and weíll give you a hand. Rememberóyour MyCFS account is the easiest way to order software and supplies and keep track of your account information!
Tips for Ordering Online
Our online store is the easiest and most efficient way of ordering software, forms, and supplies from CFS. Here are a few tips to ensure that your online orders go smoothly:
- Use your MyCFS account. You don't need a MyCFS account to order at our online store; it's possible to order as a "guest." However, doing so may slow your order down and prevent you from earning or redeeming renewal discounts. If you have a MyCFS account, use it. If you don't have an account, it's easy to create one.
- Order tax forms for the current tax year. Our online store is the most efficient way to order your tax forms, as long as you are ordering forms for the current tax year (2013). (It is possible to order prior-year forms by fax.)
- Unless absolutely necessary, don't add Special Instructions. On the "Payment Information" screen, there is a field for "Special Instructions." If you put a note in this field, your order will automatically be placed on hold, because someone has to read your note before the order can be processed. For instance, if you add a note that says, "Please rush," ironically, your order will take longer.
- Enter the expiration date for your credit card in the correct format (MM/YY). A leading zero is required for single-digit months.
Have you renewed W2/1099?
W2/1099 Payroll System should be available for download next month. If you haven't already done so, be sure to renew by August 31st to take advantage of our summer early renewal incentives (see above article).
Customers often ask us why we don't release W2/1099 in January, when other Payroll System programs are released. There are several reasons for this:
- The IRS has been known to post form specifications for some information returns as late as April; revisions have been posted even later than that due to late legislation (which is why we also wait until summer to print and ship our red forms);
- Once programmed, forms generated by our software must undergo an approval process before the software can be released; and
- In any case, the software is rarely needed until December or January.
CFS Customer Service
Please contact us if you would like to discontinue this free monthly service.