Not a subscriber? Click here to sign up!
In this issue:
- Have You Renewed Your Software, Forms, and Supplies?
- How to Avoid Payroll System Confusion
- Technical Support Options
- 940 Update Has Been Posted
- Some 2015 Programs Are Available Now
Have You Renewed Your Software, Forms, and Supplies?
If not, why not? Tax season is just around the corner—don't be caught unprepared. Furthermore, you may be eligible for a business expense deduction if you order by December 31st.
With your MyCFS account, it's easy to renew online. You can also use your MyCFS account to:
How to Avoid Payroll System Confusion
941/940, LivePayroll, W2/1099, and the Payroll Corrector are all separate products that share the same "Payroll System" interface. Because of this, if you purchase and install one of the Payroll System products, such as 941/940, and subsequently purchase another Payroll System product, such as W2/1099, you do not need to install the second product. Just update Payroll System with your new license code, and you will have access to both products.
941/940, LivePayroll, and Payroll Corrector are released in January. However, because many of the forms in W2/1099 are not available until later in the year, W2/1099 is not released until September. Because their release dates are nine months apart, customers frequently order both products at the same time, but for different years. This may lead to confusion in that they believe they have already renewed this year's W2/1099, when they have, in fact, renewed last year's.
There is an easy way to check what software you have or have not ordered. Using your MyCFS account, just check your license codes on our web site. This page will tell you your license code for each year, along with a list of the products for which you are licensed.
Technical Support Options
Our toll-free number, (800) 343-1157, is only one of several ways you can get technical assistance. Others are:
- Online Chat – Click the Chat with Technical Support link on our home page to open a text-based chat session with a technical support representative. The service is available during normal business hours; at other times you will be given the option of e-mailing your question.
- Remote Support – During an online chat session or phone conversation, the support technician can connect to your computer via the Internet. This is done using a secure connection and only with your permission. We can fix problems directly or demonstrate use of the program on your own computer.
- Online Tech Support Request – Under the "Internet Options" menu of most of our programs, select "CFS Tech Support Request..." to fill in an online form detailing your problem. Your request will be answered by e-mail or phone within one business day. The Technical Support Request form can also be accessed from the Technical Support page of our web site.
- Frequently Asked Questions – Click the FAQ button under "Quick Links" on our home page to view a knowledge base containing detailed solutions to many common technical support issues.
- Instructional Videos – The Instructional Videos page is available from the Support menu at TaxTools.com or from a link in the Help menu of most CFS programs. These brief videos can assist you with downloading and updating software and performing specific tasks in CFS programs.
940 Update Has Been Posted
A Payroll System update containing Form 940 was posted on December 15th. Payroll System users who have not already done so can download the latest update automatically from within 2014 Payroll System, or manually from the Payroll System Updates page on our website. We will mail an update CD to 941/940 Payroll System and LivePayroll users who purchased 2014 update CD service.
Note: "For 2014, there are credit reduction states. If you paid any wages that are subject to the unemployment compensation laws of a credit reduction state, your credit against federal unemployment tax will be reduced based on the credit reduction rate for that credit reduction state. Use Schedule A (Form 940), Multi-State Employer and Credit Reduction Information, to figure the credit reduction. For more information, see the Schedule A (Form 940) instructions or visit IRS.gov." (2014 Instructions for Form 940)
Some 2015 Programs Are Available Now
Although the official release dates are in January (and CDs won't be mailed out till then), we generally release several programs before the first of the year. TaxTools, Payroll System (941/940, LivePayroll, Payroll Corrector), W4 Calculator, and Tax Corresponder are usually posted for download by mid-December. If you have purchased one or more of the above programs and would like to get an early start installing them and entering data, click here for our download page.
If you have not yet purchased your 2015 software and would like to do so, click here to renew online.
Happy Holidays from CFS!
Please contact us if you would like to discontinue this free monthly service.